Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The Best Workout Clothes

Since I have been a serious worker-outer (yes I realize that is not a word but what can you do?) I have been on a constant search for...
-the perfect work out pants
-the perfect Zumba shoe
-the perfect running shoe
-and the ultimate, the un-attainable, the perfect sports bra.

I have found one or a variety of most of the above items.  Some I am still in search of...some I fear (ahem, bra, I'm talking to you) I will never be completely happy with.  Such is life.  Se la vie.

La vie. 
Hardy har. 
Anyway I digress.  Here are some of my favorites:

*Disclaimer-I am a cheapy.  I teach, I am single, therefore I do not have a disposable income on which to spend untold fortunes on workout clothes. So for you bargain shoppers or people on a budget-enjoy!

Work Out Pant
I have tried a blue million.  Old Navy's are ok but tend to fall down and I HATE constantly having to tug my pants up while exercising.  I sometimes wear yoga style capri pants but lately I have become a big fan of fitted capris-maybe not the most attractive but they stay up and compress any unsightly jiggling...mostly.  My two picks are:

Danskin Now Performance Capri-Available at Wal-Mart ($10-$12)


Xersion Fitted Athletic Capris-Available at JC Penney ($10-$20)

 
Both of these pants are on sale often.
 
Zumba Shoe
 
I started doing Zumba in a pair of Nike Musiques that the instructor recommended and they are great-an essential thing in a Zumba shoe is a pivot point on the ball of your foot.  But when I had danced all the cushion out of these shoes I started looking for something new. And found these:
 
Kelly Ripa Collection Ryka Transition Shoe-Available at www.amazon.com (price varies)
These have the pivot point but are not strictly a dance shoe.  I have done boot camp in them and have run in them-they are comfy for both.  They are really lightweight which is great.  When I bought them I got them for around $50 which was about $20-$30 cheaper than what I could find in stores-gotta love Amazon!

Running Shoe
I am a Nike lover-always have been, always will be.  They just fit my foot best.  So for my fellow Nike lovers I offer you:

The Nike Dual Fusion Running Shoe-available pretty much everywhere-price varies



 
 
These shoes are SO COMFORTABLE.  They are my favorites just to wear and are also really great for running- not to mention they come in a bunch of colors :) Always fun!
 
 
Under Armour Micro G Defy Running Shoe-available at www.amazon.com -price varies
 
 
These I just bought the other day to try for my 5K and because my Nikes have about had it.  They were only $38 at Amazon (tip-when shopping on Amazon always check out the diff colors of an item-this style of this shoe was $38, all the others were $78-worth a try to save yourself several bucks). I've only worn them a few times but really like them-light, very cushioned and comfy. 
 
 
And so we come to, my nemesis, the sports bra.
 
Sports Bra
Understand that I am....chesty.  Well endowed.  Whatever you want to call it-I'm rocking a DD ladies.  And I have NEVER, EVER found a bra that contained the girls on its own and believe me I have tried tons.  My best solution is to double up. I usually wear a non under wire regular bra from Lane Bryant (the Cacique bras are the bomb for you busty ladies like myself).  Then I layer a snug sports bra over that.  My fav:
 
Old Navy Padded Sports Bra-available at www.oldnavy.com - ($10-$15)
 
This bra is great for high impact, which lets face it, if you have a big chest is anything resembling physical activity.  They come in fun colors too-I believe mine are XL.  Great moisture wicking.  And cheap-on sale a lot too.


So there you have it-my must have run down.  If anyone has any work out gear they can't live without, please, do tell.  I am thinking about investing in some workout undies-any recommendations?  And if anyone has found the miracle sports bra cure-please, please share!!

Happy working out!



1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete