Thursday, January 24, 2013

F-Filter Free

I have reached a point in my life in which I (think) I no longer care about trying to be nice and polite all the time.  I think I have about reached the breaking point that will lead to me removing my filter.

Now, for those that know me or have met me you may be thinking-filter? Lindsay? HA! But believe it or not (and this may terrify you to your very marrow) very little comes out of my mouth that has not been judiciously edited before leaving.  I know...its hard to believe.

Now this whole impending filter free movement is not an excuse to be mean or to hurt people with rude comments.  That is never a good idea and like Ellen I think we should "be kind to one another".  It is rather an honesty movement.  Maybe instead of sugar coating things I just let er' rip.  Maybe instead of bottling up hurt feelings or questions or comments I just say what I think and feel. 

This could be a dangerous experiment but goodness don't you think it would be liberating?  No one would be left wondering about what you really thought of them or if you were romantically interested or if they had made you mad.  No double talk, no passive aggressiveness.  I think it would be so freeing. How many time have you wished, hoped or prayed that you could really know what someone was thinking? Good or bad, it would be better than wondering...always wondering.

I'm almost there folks-I am teetering on the brink of an all out filter free fest.  It's only matter of time until I jump off the ledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment