Friday, January 18, 2013

High Five Friday

The whole High Five Friday thing goes along well with my F theme for this blog.  So without further ado, here are this week's high 5:

1. It's Friday and in a week that has been FOREVER long that is a welcome sight to my sore eyes, tired shin-splinty legs and weary mind.  The fact that I have a fab movie/game night planned for tomorrow with my friends doesn't hurt.  I just hope my somewhat competitive nature does not frighten them away from me. For ever. My passion for Taboo cannot be overstated.

2. Ran a mile three days this week, once after an hour of Zumba (not my brightest move but I was feeling motivated and since that is rare and fleeting I went with it).  It wasn't easy but I did better than I expected and am striving to a) beat my time next week and b) take less walking breaks.  They were few and far between but to make it through the 5K in March they need to be nonexistent. Onward treadmill warrior!

3. After hearing about her from my peeps and pinning several of her recipes on Pinterest I wandered over to The Pioneer Woman's website the other day to check it out.  Oh. My. Word. I am officially obsessed.  I want to make all her recipes, steal her family, move to her ranch and manage to have 1/100,000th of the blog viewers and comments she has.  It's my new goal in life. 

4. iPad-I'm not proud of it but I broke down and bought myself an iPad mini Sunday after church. Best Buy was having one of those suck you in no interest deals and this girl was sucked...so to speak.  But I am love, love, loving it.  And now when I do anything on my iPhone is seems so microscopic.  This "high" has also been instrumental in my complete immersion of all things Pioneer Woman.  I'm not proud of either really.

5. Through my new obsession (see #3) I discovered a recipe for Pico de Gallo and Guacamole that I am making for our game night tomorrow. Why are they capitalized you ask? All Mexican dishes should be-they are that important folks. Apparently my friends were of the same mind because they are making queso, black bean salad and Mexican roll ups. Great minds. So on top of the excitement over time with friends the joy at the prospect of a Mexican appetizer pig out is almost more than I can stand. Drooling a little here.

Addendum to #4-Another high?  I finally realized that if I turned off the battery percentage feature on my new iPad I would quit having heart palpitations as I watched the battery life drain from my device percent by percent.  It was giving me anxiety and I can greater enjoy the iPad experience much more without that looming over my head.  I may or may not be a candidate for some sort of drug.  That is all.

That's all folks!

Oh except-pretty sure my blog title sucks.  But not really sure what to do about it-the pressure to put a title to this mess while creating it was (shocking in the light of #4 ect up there) too much for me.   My normally creative mind blanks.  Any help/ideas/thoughts people?

No comments:

Post a Comment