Monday, January 21, 2013

Confessions (or a look into my terrifying mind)

I believe chili is the perfect food. Add macaroni, shredded cheese and diced onion-gastrointestinal nirvana. Ironically my least favorite food? Any bean.

I must have Chapstick on or near my person at all times. It is a compulsion.

I think all of the best and most important things in life begin with the letter F. Faith. Family. Friends. Fun. Fitness. Food.

I cannot allow the battery on any of my apple products to have a percentage countdown. It give me anxiety. I need help.

I also get slightly panicked if I do not have bananas in the house. Again need help.

I think that the only healthy way to lose weight is to change your lifestyle and eat healthy. Conversationally I also think Doritos are manna from heaven and no bake cookies are divine. Thus I am at war with myself.

I believe the only way that America will ever combat and truly correct our obesity issues is to make healthy food cheaper and more accessible to all economic levels. Buying fresh fruits and veggies and lean meats will nearly double your grocery bill. And that is for me, a single person. How is a family of four on a fixed income suppose to do it? Take a look at that Michelle Obama.

I believe that technology is at once our greatest advantage and invention and our biggest curse.

I dance often and randomly. I just shook my groove thing walking through my dining room. When I am unbearably happy about something I want to sing and dance to celebrate that. I would have made a good tribal woman.

In turn I also turn to music when I am unbearably sad or depressed about something. These emotions do not however make me want to dance.

I have an internal jukebox that is always always playing. It is a curse and a blessing.

I love Disney movies. I am unashamed to go see them in the theater without an appropriate Disney aged child.

I do not believe in Valentines Day. I believe it was a "holiday" created to torture those of us who are alone. When is "All the Single Ladies Day" I ask you? When?

I love movies. I probably own 200 DVDs. I prefer period romances, rom/coms and regular coms but also enjoy actions and drama. And dude movies. I cried at the end of The Dark Night Rises. I need help.

I am a cryer. Many things can move me to tears and yet other times I can be surprisingly stoic. While my friends were copiously wiping tears at the end of Les Miserables I was stone faced. Yet Marley and Me left me a puddle.

I cannot watch any type of military departure or homecoming. It breaks my heart and makes me sob. I believe our military and military families are some of the most undervalued and unappreciated of all.

I have to wear a watch at all times and an completely and totally anal about punctuality. I am generally a good 5 minutes early wherever I go. My other curse in life is being surrounded by people who do not share this compulsion. I believe my parents constant tardiness in my youth made me this way.

I believe in good manners. In being kind. If someone texts you, reply. If they email you, reply. If they Facebook you, reply. Sense a trend here?

I love words. I love using big ones, not to sound snooty or smart but because I love the way they roll off my tongue and sound.

And now that I have undoubtedly scared off any and all readers I may have I will conclude this installment of confessions.

Tune in next week for more jewels :)










No comments:

Post a Comment