Sunday, January 13, 2013

5k?

So as I wrote in my initial post I am, very apprehensively, thinking about training to run for a 5k this spring. I've tossed the idea around and I just really feel, for whatever reason, it's something I'm meant to do. I think it will be a great goal to have for myself and will hopefully help in the whole get fit, lose weight initiative.

Today after church I voiced this fledgling idea to some friends I was lunching with. And they were so supportive. Tons of you can do its and suggestions and potential race ideas. Reason # 554 why I love Immanuel Baptist Church & my peeps there-more on that later. One friend even invited me to do a race with her in march-the name has escaped me but its one of those super fun ones where they throw paint on you. And so I think I have chosen my first race. Gulp.

And now the terror and doubt sets in. Can I do it? I hope so because I think it will be big for me in lots of ways.

So blog-verse-I need tips. You runners out there! What do I need to be doing? Help a girl out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment