Monday, February 4, 2013

The Superbowl, The Agony of Ice Skates and Getting Back on Track (long enough title for you?)

Whew what a weekend-since becoming more active at church and expanding my social circle my weekends seemed to gone from a time to recoup and relax from the week to a whirlwind of activity that needs another weekend to recover from.

It started out, luckily, with a relaxing snow day on Friday.  Thank goodness or I really don't think I could have pushed through my Super Bowl hangover this morning.  But I digress...

Saturday a large group of friends from church decided to go ice skating.   Which I have never done.  Which is crazy hard people-except apparently not for five year old whiz kids who raced by me like Apollo Anton Ohno chasing down the gold.  Nothing like feeling horribly incompetent at a sport children can master with ease.   Good for the pride.  Luckily one of our friends took pity on me clinging desperately to the wall and pin wheeling my arms like a fool and gave me a few instruction that helped. I am happy to report that by the end of the evening I was off the wall, skating with reasonable skill for a first timer and only fell once-sadly while I was just standing there but still, only once.

*May I add here that rented, old, look like they've been chewed on by a dog, ice skates HURT people.  I think I could have done better if not for the screaming pain induced by those savage things.

So, skating survived, I crashed that night with some friends that live in Lexington, the same time as my church.  We got up, made it through church and Sunday School and then lunched at a delightful Italian place.  Where I had pizza.  On top of the spaghetti the night before at Carrino's.  To be accompanied by Super Bowl chip and dip and chili spaghetti with my parents later that night.  So to say I had a bad weekend eating wise is a gross understatement. 

So it's Monday and its back on track for both diet and exercise.  I have resurrected the use of the My Fitness Pal app (a great calorie tracker that is easy to use and free!) and am sticking to a workout plan.  I have been working out a lot but my diet has been, well, not so hot and a few pounds have crept back on so it's really what needs tweaking.  So today here's the plan:

*healthy eating
*calorie tracking
*M-run a mile, Zumba
  T-run a mile, Dance Fit class
  W-run/walk 3 miles
  R-run a mile, Zumba
*stay positive, stay motivated, stay ON TRACK!!

What are some things that help you get back on track or stay on track?

No comments:

Post a Comment