Monday, March 11, 2013

Race Re-Cap

So this post is about a week late-blame it on the stomach bug.  It hit me post race Saturday night and had me praying to the porcelain gods until the next morning. It then proceeded to drain the life and energy from my body until Wednesday resulting in 1 1/2 sick days, numerous hours in bed and 6 lbs lost!!  Whew.  Add to that a crazy busy week/weekend and now that all that's over I can regale you with tales of....

Color Me Rad 2013
 
 
 
It was fantastic.
 
I had my doubts.  The day of the race I woke up to nearly an inch of snow on the ground, 33 degree temps and flurries.  Not the ideal condition for my first race. Or any race in my opinion.
 
I geared up and made the trip to Lexington.  My alarm went off at an alarming (see what I did there?) 5:30.  Yikes.  Met up with my team members and we headed to the race site.  But not before taking some before pics. 

We waited, narrowly escaping hypothermia, and away we went.
 
And it was awful.  I am not lying when I say I thought I would die during the first 10th of a mile.  My muscles were cold, the air hurt to breath, my nose and eyes were running.  Not fun. 
 
But then, it got better.  We made it to the first color station, got bombed and settled on a walk/run plan of action.  Our team stuck tight.  Each color station added more bombs of color to out outfits.  (Which we were complimented on, making the whole race a success in our eyes.  We worked hard on those suckers!)
 
At the end there was a wild dancing, contest having, color bomb throwing, screaming, jumping party. It was so fun.  We took pictures that will live in infamy as some of the most hilarious I've ever taken. 
 
And you know what I was doing about an hour later after scouring the color off my hair/face/body?
 
Researching upcoming races.
 
I've got a fever.  And the only prescription?
 
 
MORE 5K!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment