Saturday, March 16, 2013

Workout Buddy

The value of a good workout buddy cannot be overstated.

I'm lucky to have several. I have some running buddies, some Zumba buddies and even a buddy who I never actually work out with but we keep each other accountable and encouraged via text on our eating, exercising and weight loss.

A workout buddy, an accountability partner, is a great tool and makes the whole experience much more enjoyable.

But you know what's even more vital?

Self motivation.

Sometimes your workout buddies will have other obligations. Sometimes one will have to sit it a sessions of boot camp or have an appt or whatever. And the most important thing is that you keep going on your own. No one else can do this for you, no one else can make it happen. If you are not accountable to you and for you it's not going to work. I've gone to exercise classes alone, knowing basically no one. I've ran on my own, walked on my own, come up with menus on my own.

It's better, more fun, to do it with a partner. But it's crucial to be able to do it alone. You gotta dig deep and soldier on. Fight the plateaus and mind games and get it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment