Monday, April 8, 2013

P is for Prep

Spring break is over.  Allow me to sing you the song of my people...

WAHHHHHHHHHHHH!

But I am clinging, desperately, to the fact that there are only 6 weeks left until summer vacation.  I think I can, I think I can...

With the return of school and my alarm clock (yack) also came the return of breakfast/lunch prep. Which I loathe.  But it is essential to sticking to a diet and is one of the reasons I do much better when I am in school as opposed to off for vacations.

So last night I hunkered down in the kitchen and over about an hours time cranked out:

-4 servings of eggs whites, mushrooms and avocado
-5 days worth of salads with egg whites, tomato, tuna or chicken, sweet pepper and avocado
-5 days worth of snacks (sugar snap peas, carrots, hummus and cocoa covered almonds (my newest addiction-ah-mazing!))
-grilled chicken and mushrooms to pair with some Steam Fresh veggies tonight for dinner post boot camp

It is not an hour I enjoy but I do greatly enjoy not having to spend time each night packing and rather condensing it into one block of time.  I also LOVE being able to open the fridge in the morning and have everything ready to go into the lunchbox.  This is convenient and increases the chances I won't make bad food choices, since the good ones are already there for me.  It's a win win. 

And one of my best tips-wanna lose weight and make sure you're on target with eating clean? Plan & prep folks.  Plan and prep.

No comments:

Post a Comment