Sunday, April 14, 2013

B is for Baptism

Today was baptism Sunday at our church.
And who got baptized? This girl.
I went up and made my public profession of faith about a month ago and today was baptized.
It was the most amazing day.  I have been feeling nervous about it and anxious and excited so I prayed to God for peace.  And boy did I ever get it.  I was calm, sure, steady and never more sure about any other decision I have made.

But just in case I needed a little extra reassurance this was the verse of the day when I opened my Bible app this morning:

"Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit." Acts 2:38

I love small but meaningful affirmations to little me from a big big God.

No comments:

Post a Comment